This shaved brussels sprout salad doesn’t require any cooking- you can eat these sprouts raw! Add some salty parmesan, pine nuts, lemon juice, and olive oil for a quick and easy salad!
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or sunflower seeds
- Salt to taste
- Using a mandoline slicer (or a sharp knife) cut the Brussels sprouts into very thin slices. Discard the ends. You can also buy pre-shredded Brussels sprouts or use a shredding disk of a food processor.
- In a small dish, combine the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Toss the shaved Brussels sprouts with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Shred the parmesan cheese on top with a fine cheese grater.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts or sunflower seeds and a pinch of salt.
Keywords: Brussels Sprout Salad