- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15oz can Del Monte Sweet Corn
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa and/or cilantro for serving (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the onion, cumin, and chili powder and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onion has started to soften.
- Add the tomato paste and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the onion mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Add the quinoa and broth to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and cook according to package directions, about 10-12 minutes or until the broth is absorbed.
- Stir in the onion mixture, corn, beans, and cheese.
- Continue to cook over medium heat until warmed through. Feel free to add additional cheese on top, if you like.
- Sprinkle with salsa or cilantro, if desired.
For this recipe, you’ll need a skillet with a lid. If you don’t have one, feel free to boil the quinoa separately in a lidded pot, then add it to the pan once it’s cooked.
Keywords: Quinoa Taco Skillet