These hearty quinoa and black bean tacos are seasoned to perfection for a plant-based meal that is deliciously satisfying. Try this tasty recipe for your next taco night!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 small “street taco” sized flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil, uncooked quinoa, and tomato paste and sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and continue to saute for 1 minute.
- Add the broth, salt, and cumin.
- Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 10-12 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy.
- Sitr in the salsa and nutritional yeast.
- Transfer the quinoa mixture to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until the edges are slightly crispy.
- Place the black beans in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the black beans for 30 seconds until heated.
- Divide the quinoa and black beans evenly between the tortillas.
- Top with guacamole, red onion and cilantro.
Keywords: quinoa tacos, vegan tacos, quinoa taco meat