This black bean soup is just 5 ingredients and can be ready to serve in 15 minutes!
- 2 15oz cans black beans (do NOT drain them!)
- 1 15oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Optional toppings: fresh cilantro, avocado, etc.
- In a large pot, add in your black beans, including the liquid in the can.
- Add the tomatoes and salsa, cumin, and chili powder.
- Cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving.
- When ready to serve, top with sliced avocado or a sprinkle of fresh cilantro, if you’re using additional toppings!
I recommend buying low sodium or no salt added black beans. Since this recipe uses the liquid in the can, the sodium can add up quickly if you’re using regular canned black beans.