These easy black bean and corn quesadillas are a healthier twist on the cheesy classic! A little crumbled cotija cheese adds a salty flavor while the beans and corn help bulk up this meal and make it hearty and delicious!
- 2 large whole wheat flour tortillas or 4 small tortillas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons cotija cheese or crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Guacamole, hot sauce, or salsa for topping (optional)
- Preheat a large skillet and spray with non-stick spray (I use grapeseed oil.)
- To thaw the frozen corn, place in a glass bowl with 2 tbsp of water and microwave for 45 seconds. Drain and place in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the black beans, cotija cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, and spices with the corn.
- Place one of the tortillas in the preheated pan and top with the bean and corn mixture.
- Cover with the other tortilla and cook on med-low heat until the cheese is melted and the tortilla begins to brown.
- Once the cheddar cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy remove from the stove and serve with your favorite toppings.
If it’s too hard to flip the quesadilla without the insides spilling out, slide the quesadilla off the pan onto a plate. Top with another plate and then flip it over. Slide it back onto the pan and continue cooking.
Keywords: Black bean and corn quesadilla