Skip the meat and give these pinto bean burgers a try! These tasty burgers are loaded with flavor and they’re ready in just 20 minutes!
- 1 15oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed, patted dry
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips (about 1oz)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- Toppings: Lettuce, tomato, red onion, BBQ Sauce or Hot Sauce (optional)
- Place two large paper towels on a cutting board and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the pinto beans, then spread onto the paper towels and gently pat to dry.
- Add the tortilla chips, pinto beans, onions, and cilantro to a food processor and pulse 3-4 times.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder, cumin, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the food processor and pulse 5-6 times until combined.
- The mixture might look dry, but it will hold together when packed.
- Shape the mixture into 4 large patties.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the burgers and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Brush with barbecue sauce or hot sauce, if desired.
- Place on a bun and add all your favorite toppings + sides!
Keywords: pinto bean burgers