This Penne Rosa recipe is a twist on the Noodles & Company dish made with a creamy, spicy sauce and filled with plenty of vegetables. It’s easy to make and perfect for a weeknight dinner!
- 8oz whole wheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4oz sliced button mushrooms (about 1 cup)
- 2–3 small Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, then set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the mushrooms to a large skillet and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the moisture is released.
- Add the olive oil, red pepper flakes, oregano, garlic, and tomatoes and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the marinara sauce and cream cheese and continue to cook until cream cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in milk and pasta. Mix until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Keywords: penne rosa