This Parmesan tomato soup uses just a few ingredients to create a delicious comfort food classic!
- 2 15 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Handful chopped fresh basil
- Combine everything except the Parmesan cheese and basil into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down a bit and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer into a blender or food processor and puree until it’s thick, but not chunky.
- Add in the grated Parmesan cheese, and let it cook on low for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with basil when serving.