This delicious Parmesan tomato soup is made with just seven ingredients for a simple yet flavorful recipe! Transform a few basic pantry staples into a tasty bowl of soup in minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: fresh basil or additional parmesan for serving
- In a medium sized pot, add the olive oil and heat over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, red pepper flakes, and garlic salt and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and use an immersion blender to blend the soup to your desired consistency. If you do not have an immersion blender, carefully transfer into a blender, being careful to allow steam to escape, and blend for 10-20 seconds until slightly chunky.
- Garnish with fresh basil or additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Keywords: Parmesan tomato soup