This Parmesan spinach couscous is a quick and delicious side dish made with a handful of pantry staples. It can be prepared in just 20 minutes. Serve it as a side dish with your favorite protein or eat is as a vegetarian main dish!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups of dry couscous
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup spinach
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the onion.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- In a separate pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Add couscous and remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Stir then immediately remove from heat and cover.
- Let the couscous sit for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork once the water has been absorbed.
- Add the couscous, salt, parmesan cheese, and spinach to the onion and garlic.
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, until the spinach wilts slightly.
- Add salt to taste and serve immediately. Add additional parmesan, if desired.
Keywords: Parmesan Couscous