Upgrade your fries by trying these parmesan butternut squash fries! Healthier than sweet potato fries but just as delicious!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese
- Parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Spray a large baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Peel the butternut squash and then slice into fry shapes.
- The trick is to make all the pieces roughly the same size. You want them to be about 1/4″ thick. If they’re too thin, they’ll burn and if they’re too thick, they’ll get soggy.
- Toss in olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and spread in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip the fries.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the fries begin to brown.
- Once they’ve browned up, they’ll start to get crispy and they’ll be ready to take out of the oven!
- Let cool for a few minutes before taking them off the pan.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Keywords: Butternut Squash Fries