Tender asparagus spears coated with crunchy panko crumbs make a quick and delicious dish to pair with your favorite protein. This recipe only takes a few minutes to make!
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites, beaten
- Marinara sauce or aioli for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, combine the panko crumbs, garlic powder, and salt.
- Toss the asparagus in the flour until very lightly coated.
- Working one at a time, dip the asparagus into the egg and let the excess drip off.
- Roll the asparagus into the panko crumbs until coated.
- Line the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway until browned.
- Serve with marinara sauce or aioli for dipping.
Keywords: panko crusted asparagus