These oven baked tostadas cook quickly which means you can have dinner on the table in just 15 minutes! They’re vegetarian, gluten free, and customizable for the whole family!
- 8 whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 1 15oz can refried beans (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and mashed
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta or cojita cheese
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Set the oven to broil.
- While the oven heats up, line a baking sheet with foil
- Bake the tortillas in the preheating oven for 2-3 minutes. Depending on how quickly your oven heats up, you may need to keep a close eye on these! You want them lightly browned and beginning to crisp.
- While the oven heats up, combine the refried beans, cumin, garlic, and chili powder.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven and spread about 3 tablespoons of refried beans on each tortilla.
- Add ¼ cup of black beans on top.
- Place in the oven and broil for 3 on the medium rack minutes until the edges of the tortillas get crispy and the beans are heated through.
- Remove from the oven and top with mashed avocado, pico de gallo, feta, and cilantro.
Be sure you buy fat-free refried beans or vegetarian refried beans, as traditional refried beans are made with lard, which is not vegetarian.
Keywords: Vegetarian Tostadas