This Orzo Vegetable Soup is loaded with seven different vegetables for a flavorful, healthy meal! It is easy to make and it’s a perfect meal prep recipe for busy days.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 2 large stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium-sized russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup dried orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, paprika, thyme, and parsley and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, potato, corn, and peas and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are softened.
- Add the orzo pasta and turn the heat up to medium-high.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently until the orzo is al dente.
- Stir in the lemon juice and add salt to taste.
Keywords: orzo vegetable soup