This Mexican quinoa bake is an easy gluten free, vegetarian dinner recipe! Loaded with vegetables, beans, and quinoa, this is a recipe that will keep you full!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1/2 cup salsa (any type)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup sweet corn (frozen is fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch chipotle (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup guacamole or avocado (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the quinoa and then add it to a pot with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- While that cooks, dice the pepper and onion and toss them in a large frying pan, cooking over medium heat for 5 minutes. It doesn’t need to fully cook, just soften them a bit.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, stir in the salsa, black beans, corn, peppers, onions, garlic, cumin, and chipotle.
- Add to a glass baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for 5 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and avocado, if using.
Keywords: Quinoa Bake