This Mexican quinoa bake is an easy gluten free, vegetarian dinner recipe! Loaded with vegetables, beans, and quinoa, this is a recipe that will keep you full!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa (any type)
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup sweet corn (frozen or canned)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- Optional toppings: Avocado, sour cream, additional salsa, hot sauce, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the quinoa and then add it to a pot with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, add the olive oil to a large skillet and cook the peppers and onions over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, transfer to a large bowl and stir in the salsa, black beans, corn, peppers, onions, garlic, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Add to a medium-sized casserole dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for 5 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings!
This recipe was updated in August 2021.
Keywords: Quinoa Bake