These Mexican Black Beans are a flavorful side dish to pair with your favorite tacos or burritos. Using canned beans, you can have this dish ready in just a few minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (15oz) cans black beans (do not drain)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion has softened.
- Add the garlic, cumin, and bay leaf and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the black beans, including the liquid, to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Strain with a slotted spoon before serving.