This Mediterranean chopped salad is loaded with vegetables, fresh herbs, and chickpeas for a filling meal that is easy to prepare!
For the salad
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt to taste
1. Place the tomatoes and cucumber in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the moisture to drain from the tomatoes and cucumbers.
2. In a large bowl, combine the red onion, chickpeas, and parsley. Once the cucumber and tomatoes have drained, add them to the bowl.
3. Once you’re ready to serve the salad, add the romaine, feta, and walnuts.
4. Drizzle 1/4 cup of dressing and toss to combine. Add more dressing if needed.
Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen.
Keywords: Mediterranean Chopped Salad