This lightened up zucchini bread is lower in calories, sugar, and fat but full of flavor! It’s moist and delicious, making it the perfect recipe to use up any extra zucchini!
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- Optional mix-ins: chocolate chips, raisins, or walnuts.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap the zucchini shreds in a clean dishcloth or papertowels. Squeeze it gently to remove some of the water. You should end up with 1 cup of loosely packed shredded zucchini.
- Combine the zucchini with the coconut oil, maple syrup, egg, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- I added in 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips at this point!
- Spray a 9×5 pan with non-stick spray. Pour in the batter.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar on top, if desired.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Keywords: healthy zucchini bread