This lemon kale salad has a simple, tangy dressing that pairs perfectly with creamy avocado and salty pine nuts!
- 6 cups raw kale (about 8oz)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Wash the kale and remove the stems. Discard the stems and place the remaining leaves in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the kale leaves and massage it into the leaves with your hands. This will help break down the kale and soften it. You can do this step an hour or two in advance if you like. The kale will continue to soften.
- Top with the avocado, pine nuts, and shredded cheese just before serving.
Keywords: Lemon kale salad