This kale and quinoa salad is a healthy, protein packed-vegan recipe with tons of garlicky flavor. It’s oil-free and gluten-free, plus, you can make it in advance!
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 bunches of kale (about 8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water. Then drain, and add to a large pot.
- Toast the quinoa over medium heat, just until it begins to dry. You’ll have to stir it a lot so it doesn’t burn!
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 12 minutes, or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Set aside to cool and fluff with a fork.
- Wash the kale and pat dry.
- Tear the kale into pieces, removing the stems.
- In a small bowl, or salad dressing shaker, combine the tahini, nutritional yeast, liquid aminos, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Shake until combined.
- Pour it over the kale and massage the dressing over the leaves.
- Let sit for 30 minutes, to let the kale soften.
- Add in the quinoa and almonds, and mix thoroughly. Serve!
Keywords: Garlicky Kale Salad