This Instant Pot Lentil Soup is loaded with vegetables for a healthy, filling meal. This cozy recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight since it cooks quickly in the Instant Pot.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup brown or green lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup kale, destemmed and torn into 1″ pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Set the Instant Pot to ‘sauté’ and add the olive oil, onion, celery, and carrots.
- Sauté for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the thyme, cumin, bay leaf, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and lentils.
- Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Press cancel to end the sauté function, then press ‘pressure cook’ and set the timer to 20 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pressurize then the timer will begin counting down.
- Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick-release the pressure by turning the valve to release the steam.
- Remove the lid and carefully stir in the kale and lemon juice. Discard the bay leaf.
Keywords: lentil soup, instant pot lentil soup