This creamy risotto is made with farro instead of traditional arborio rice, for a heartier, healthier risotto. Mushrooms and Parmesan cheese give this vegetarian risotto a delicious, salty flavor!
- 1 ½ cups pearled farro
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 8 oz baby bella or button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups broth
- 2 oz parmesan cheese (about ¾ cup shredded)
- In a blender or food processor, add the farro and pulse 8-10 times to break down the grains.
- Set the pressure cooker to saute.
- Add the butter and saute until melted.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetable broth and farro and stir.
- Set the pressure cooker to manual for 13 minutes.
- After 13 minutes, quick release the pressure.
- Stir in parmesan and add salt to taste. Add additional broth, if needed.
Keywords: Instant Pot Farro Risotto with Mushrooms