This immunity boosting soup is made with red lentils, sweet potatoes, and chickpeas for a filling and comforting meal! It’s a great way to keep your immune system healthy during cold and flu season!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large sweet potato, (about 1/2 lb) diced into ½” cubes
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup red lentils, uncooked and rinsed
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup kale, destemmed and torn into 1” pieces
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and ginger and continue to cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the turmeric and paprika and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, red lentils, and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Once the soup begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
- Add kale and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the kale has softened and wilted slightly.
- Season with salt to taste.
Keywords: Immunity Boosting Soup