How to Make Crispy Chickpeas in an Air Fryer
Learn how to make crispy chickpeas in an air fryer with minimal oil! Add your favorite seasonings then add these chickpeas on top of a salad, in a wrap, or served on their own!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup chickpeas
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Airfryer
- Cuisine: Dinner
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons of oil (see note)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, or za’tar seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 450 degrees. (See note)
- Spread the chickpeas onto a paper towel and gently pat dry.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and toss with oil and seasoning.
- Cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes, then remove the basket from the fryer and stir or shake to toss the chickpeas.
- Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes until crispy
Feel free to use olive oil, avocado oil, or any neutral oil. If you want to use less oil you can use a spray olive oil to evenly coat the chickpeas before tossing with the seasoning.
Some air fryers don’t have an indicator for when it’s preheated. I usually give it about 10 minutes to heat up.
Keywords: Air fryer chickpeas