Learn how to make crispy chickpeas in an air fryer with minimal oil! Add your favorite seasonings then add these chickpeas on top of a salad, in a wrap, or served on their own!
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons of oil (see note)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, or za’tar seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 450 degrees. (See note)
- Spread the chickpeas onto a paper towel and gently pat dry.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and toss with oil and seasoning.
- Cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes, then remove the basket from the fryer and stir or shake to toss the chickpeas.
- Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes until crispy
Feel free to use olive oil, avocado oil, or any neutral oil. If you want to use less oil you can use a spray olive oil to evenly coat the chickpeas before tossing with the seasoning.
Some air fryers don’t have an indicator for when it’s preheated. I usually give it about 10 minutes to heat up.
Keywords: Air fryer chickpeas