At just 60 calories each, these muffins are a perfect low calorie snack!
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup of egg whites
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (I use whey protein)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: walnuts, chocolate chips, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Add the banana and Greek yogurt to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in the egg whites, flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon until just mixed.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin tin.
- I made 14 muffins which is an awkward amount of muffins to make so if you prefer, you can make them a bit larger and just make a dozen. That’ll only add about 10 calories to each muffin, so no big deal.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Mine took 12 minutes exactly.
Because these are very healthy and can be less sweet than a traditional muffin, I recommend eating these with a smear of peanut butter on top!
Keywords: banana bread protein muffins