This whole wheat chocolate chip biscotti is the perfect treat to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea! These crunchy cookies are easy to make and they’re delicious with your favorite warm drink!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pinch of coarse or flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla till smooth.
- Add the eggs and beat till the mixture is well combined.
- Add the flour and almond flour, mixing to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into four equal pieces, placing them on the baking sheet.
- Shape each piece into a rough log about 8″ long, and about 2″ apart.
- Wet your fingers and flatten them until they’re about 3/4″ thick and 1 1/4″ wide.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the logs for 23 to 25 minutes, until they’re beginning to brown around the bottom edges. Remove them from the oven, and allow them to cool on the pan for about 10 minutes.
- While the logs are cooling, reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
- Slice the logs into 1/2″ to 3/4″ slices, using a sharp serrated knife.
- Place the biscotti back on the baking sheet, spacing them close together without touching.
- Bake the biscotti for 25 minutes, until their cut edges are a light golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven, and cool before serving.
- Note: Mine were a little done on the bottom, so I’d either make sure your oven rack isn’t too low, or user a lighter pan. (I was using a pretty dark one.) Since you’re baking them so long to get them crispy, you have to be careful about the bottoms!
Keywords: whole wheat biscotti