These easy halloumi tacos are a tasty vegetarian main dish! With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll have delicious tacos on the table in no time!
- 8oz Halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 4–5 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced onion (red or white)
- Handful of cilantro
- Slice the block of halloumi into 8-10 thin slices.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the halloumi for 5 minutes until browned on one side.
- Flip and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
- While the halloumi is cooking, combine the yogurt, adobo sauce, and lime juice.
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons of sauce onto each tortilla.
- Top with halloumi, tomato, onion, and cilantro.
To make this recipe easier, you can use prepared pico de gallo instead of the tomato and onion mixture.
Keywords: halloumi tacos