Creamy goat cheese, sweet onions, and tangy balsamic glaze bring tons of flavor to this healthy pizza recipe! With a quick-rise dough recipe, you can have homemade pizza ready in 45 minutes!
1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced thin (see note)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons balsamic glaze
To make the pizza dough:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.
- While the dough rises, begin making the toppings.
Caramelized Onion Recipe
- In a medium, non-stick skillet, bring onions, water, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt to a boil.
- Cover and cook until water has evaporated and the onions start to sizzle, about 8 minutes.
- Uncover and reduce the heat to medium. Gently press the onions into the sides and bottom of the skillet.
- Continue to cook without stirring for 30 seconds, then stir the onions and repeat, cooking for 30 seconds then stir.
- If the onions begin to burn, add 1 tablespoon of water, as needed. Cook until the onions are well browned, about 12 minutes.
To make the pizza:
- Roll dough on a floured counter to a 12-inch circle
- Place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and garlic powder.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Bake for 14-18 minutes until the edges are brown.
- Top with caramelized onions and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Slice the onions razor thin. I like to cut the onion in half, from root to tip. Remove the ends, and then use a mandoline slicer to cut very thin half-moon-shaped slices. If you don’t’ have a mandoline slicer, use a very sharp knife and work slowly to make the slices as thin and even as possible.
Keywords: Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Pizza