These zucchini pizza bites are a tasty way to eat your vegetables! These are kid-friendly, easy to make, and a healthy way to satisfy your pizza cravings!
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup your favorite marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 basil leaves, turn into small pieces
- Shredded parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice the zucchini into 1/2″ thick rounds
- Lay on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for a few minutes and dab with the paper towel to remove the moisture.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray, or lay down a sheet of parchment paper, then arrange the zucchini in a single layer.
- Top with a spoonful of sauce and a pinch of cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and parmesan and serve!
When picking out zucchini, look for a smaller squash which will be less watery than really large ones. Look for firm skin without blemishes.
Keywords: zucchini pizza bites