These easy sautéed Brussels sprouts are a delicious low carb side dish! Pair it with your favorite protein for a tasty dinner.
- 3 cups of shredded Brussels sprouts (about 1lb before trimming the ends)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt (or to taste)
- 1 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed kernels
- Soak the shredded sprouts in a large bowl of cold water for about 3 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering.
- Drain the Brussels sprouts and add them to the pan.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Remove the lid, stir, and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your sprouts.
- Top with parmesan cheese and sunflower seeds.
- Add salt to taste, then serve immediately.
Soaking the Brussels sprouts before cooking prevents them from burning before softening. It also helps steam the Brussels sprouts in the pan.
Keywords: Easy Sautéed Brussels Sprouts