This Moroccan spiced lentil soup is a deliciously flavorful soup with just the right amount of spice! It’s perfect on a chilly day served with a slice of naan!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 large carrots (or ~12 baby carrots)
- 1 cup of dried brown lentils (green lentils would work, too)
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste. It depends on the broth!)
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- Dash of black pepper
- Start by mincing the garlic and dicing the onion and carrots.
- Add them all to a large pot with the olive oil.
- Cook over medium heat for 6 minutes until the onion and carrots begin to soften.
- Add the lentils and water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the salt, coriander, turmeric, cumin, and black pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes.
You can use green or brown lentils in this recipe.