This easy kale salad is made with lacinato kale, also known as dinosaur or flat-leaf kale. It’s slightly sweeter than curly kale and it’s a delicious shredded into this salad!
For the salad:
- 1 bunch of Lacinato kale (about 10 large leaves)
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Start by washing and de-stemming the kale. Discard the stems.
- Slice the cabbage into long thin strips. You can do this with a knife or mandoline slicer.
- Toss with almonds and parmesan cheese.
- For the dressing, simply whisk together and drizzle over the salad.
- Top with dressing before serving. (You can put it on a few hours ahead of time, or top it right before eating.)
Keywords: lacinato kale salad