This easy halloumi salad is a great low carb vegetarian meal! I love the cold, crunchy vegetables mixed with the crispy halloumi!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon za’atar seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 6 oz halloumi cheese, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 heart romaine lettuce (about 3 cups chopped)
- 1/2 cucumber, seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Whisk two tablespoons of olive oi with the vinegar, lemon juice, za’atar, salt, and garlic in a small bowl.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, swirl the remaining teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add the cheese in a single layer and cook until browned, about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Toss the romaine, cucumber, onion, and bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss until coated. Top with cheese and serve immediately.
This salad could serve two people as a main dish or four people as a side dish. The nutrition information below is for 1/4 of the salad.
Keywords: easy halloumi salad