Fattoush salad is a middle eastern salad made with vegetables and toasted pita bread. It’s a delicious and filling recipe that can be made quickly and easily!
- 2 round pieces of pita bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon za’atar seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use kitchen shears to cut the pita bread around the perimeter so you have two circles for each pita bread.
- Slice each pita round into 8 triangles.
- Spread the pita into a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Brush 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil over the pita triangles.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until the pita is crisp.
- While the pita is baking, whisk together the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, za’atar seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Once the pita is crispy, let cool slightly then gently break into smaller pieces.
- Add the cucumber, tomato, cilantro, romaine, and toasted pita chips into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
If you’re making this salad in advance, wait to add the pita chips and dressing until just before serving.
Keywords: Easy fattoush Salad