Makes 8-10 small cookies. You can add a splash of vanilla extract or some sprinkles if you want to spice it up!
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened but not melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Move the oven rack to the top position.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix for 4-5 minutes until the dough is completely incorporated. I used a stand mixer on low. You could use a hand mixer, if needed.
- Scoop into tablespoons onto a cookie sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes until they just begin to brown on the bottom.
- Let cool before removing them from the pan.
If using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt.
Be sure to bake these in the top of your oven as the cookies have a tendency to brown on the bottom. If your oven has a convection setting, you can use that for more even baking, but you may need to cut down on the baking time by a minute or two.
Keywords: 3 ingredient shortbread cookies