This black bean and corn salad is a great side dish with any meal! Vegan, gluten-free, and easy to make! It’s perfect with tacos, on top of a bed of greens, or eaten with chips.
- 2 ears of corn (or 1 1/2 cups of corn)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- 1 large tomato
- 1 15oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt, or to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Boil the corn for 4 minutes or until tender.
- While the corn is cooking, whisk together the lime juice and honey or agave.
- Slice the tomato into chunks and add them to a large bowl.
- Add in the beans and corn then stir in the lime juice.
- Just before serving, add the avocado and cilantro. Add salt to taste. (It’ll depend on if your beans were salted or not.)
- Eat with a spoon, on a taco, with chips, or on a salad!
- You can prep most of this salad ahead of time, but wait to add the avocado and cilantro until you’re ready to serve it.
- If you don’t want to mess with corn on the cob, you can use frozen or canned corn instead.
- You can serve this over a bed of greens, as a side dish for tacos, or with chips!
Keywords: Black Bean and Corn Salad