No Stir Dutch Oven Risotto
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Risotto
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 ½ tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup Holland House White Cooking Wine
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon of lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the top baking rack from the oven so the Dutch oven can be positioned in the middle of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap the top of the Dutch oven lid in foil.
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable broth over low heat.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the butter over low-medium heat.
- Add the onion and stir until evenly coated with butter. Continue to cook over medium heat for 6 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the rice, and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the Holland House White Cooking Wine and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the wine is absorbed.
- Add the warmed broth, stir, and then cover with the foil-sealed lid. The foil will help trap all the moisture in the oven.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. While the risotto is in the oven, use the pot that the broth cooked in to bring 6 cups of water to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl of ice water.
- Add the asparagus to the pot of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes until the asparagus is bright green.
- Remove the asparagus from the pot and plunge into a large bowl of ice water. This will stop the cooking process so the asparagus doesn’t get soggy.
- Chop the asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- When you remove the Dutch oven, the risotto will still have a bit of broth visible in the pot. It should not be dry. Add the parmesan cheese and stir for 2-3 minutes until the risotto becomes creamy.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and asparagus and serve immediately.
Keywords: Oven baked risotto