These Cinnamon Streusel Muffins are filled with sweet cinnamon swirls and topped with sweet cinnamon and sugar. These muffins are perfect for breakfast on the go or as a treat with your morning coffee.
For the streusel topping
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
For the muffins:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs, whisked together
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (fat free, low fat or whole milk is fine)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position then preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a large 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a food processor, add the streusel topping ingredients and pulse until it is the texture of wet sand.
- Transfer the topping to a bowl.
- In the now empty food processor, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and butter.
- Pulse until the butter is incorporated and the flour mixture is just slightly crumbly.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture on top.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes until golden brown. Let cool, then enjoy.