This microwaveable mug cake comes together quickly for a tasty dessert filled with good-for-you ingredients.
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- In a small dish, combine the chia seeds and 1 tablespoon of water. Set aside for 5 minutes, until thickened.
- In a ramekin or mug, mix the coconut oil, pumpkin, and vanilla until combined.
- Once the chia seeds have thickened, add it to the pumpkin mixture.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Microwave on 50% power for 3-4 minutes for a soft, pie consistency. Microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes on 50% power for more of a cake like texture.
Keywords: pumpkin mug cake