These chocolate avocado cookies are made without any butter or oil but they’re just as rich and chocolatey as a classic cookie! Try this healthy recipe for a tasty dessert.
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled (about 1/2 cup mashed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar) firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Move your oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, egg, vanilla, and sugar. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use hand mixer, but be sure to blend until the avocado is completely smooth.
- Stir in the salt, baking soda, flour, and cocoa until there are no streaks.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Drop rouonded tablespoons onto the baking tray, leaving 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Do NOT over bake them!
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 1 minute, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Keywords: Avocado Cookies