This chickpea noodle soup is a vegetarian comfort food that tastes just like the classic favorite! It can be ready in just 30 minutes and it’s perfect for a weeknight meatless meal!
- 1 teaspoon butter or vegan butter
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery (about 2 stalks celery)
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots (about 2 small carrots)
- 6 cups “not chicken” broth or vegetable broth
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 4 oz egg noodles or chickpea noodles (uncooked)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add the butter and heat over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion, celery, and carrots and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the broth, egg noodles, chickpeas and rosemary, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the noodles are cooked.
- Add salt & pepper to taste,
I like to get Imagine Foods Organic No-Chicken broth. You can use vegetable broth, but it won’t have quite the same chicken soup resemblance.
Egg noodles contain eggs, so they’re not vegan. For a vegan option, try chickpea noodles. The Banza Gemelli noodles are perfect in this recipe!
You may substitute olive oil for the butter, if you prefer.
Keywords: Chickpea noodle soup