- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with butter.
- Place 2 pieces of toast butter side down on a skillet.
- Top with mozzarella, tomato, and spinach.
- Brush the second slices of bread with pesto on the side without butter.
- Top with the second slices of bread, butter side facing out.
- Press down on the top of the sandwich with a spatula.
- Toast for 3 minutes over medium heat. Flip and continue to cook until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
Keywords: Caprese sandwich, caprese grilled cheese, tomato mozzarella sandwich, tomato mozzarella grilled cheese