These tasty street tacos are loaded with spicy butternut squash and crispy chickpeas then drizzled with an avocado cream sauce for an irresistible meal! Try them for your next taco night!
For the Tacos
- 2 cups butternut squash, chopped into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (click for recipe)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 8 corn or flour tortillas (street taco size)
For the Avocado Crema Sauce
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup sour cream, Greek yogurt, or vegan sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons diced jalapeno (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop your butternut squash and rinse and dry the chickpeas.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil onto the sheet pan, toss the chickpeas and butternut squash with the olive oil, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper
- Roast the chickpeas and squash for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Roast until the edges of the squash are brown and cooked through.
- While that’s happening mix the avocado lime crema.
- For a chunky texture, mix by hand in a bowl. For a smoother texture, puree in a food processor.
- Once the chickpeas are crispy and the squash is browned, assemble the tacos. Top each tortilla with a combination of chickpeas and squash then drizzle with the avocado lime crema. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and add a drizzle of hot sauce, if desired.
Keywords: butternut squash tacos