This recipe clearly isn’t a traditional Caesar salad but it has some of the salty, garlicky flavor that you might expect. It would be delicious served with pasta or pizza and you can make it a few hours in advance since the brussels sprouts won’t wilt.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 drops Worcestershire sauce (optional- see note)
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups shredded Brussels sprouts (about 1lb of sprouts, ends trimmed, then shredded)
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup whole wheat croutons
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with the dressing until evenly coated.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and croutons.
- The Brussels sprouts can be tossed with the dressing up to 3 hours in advance, but wait to add the parmesan and croutons until just before serving.
Worcestershire typically contains fish, so be sure to find a brand that is vegetarian. Annie’s makes a great vegan version.
Keywords: Brussels sprouts salad