This creamy broccoli cheddar soup is loaded with vegetables and packed with flavor!
- 2 crowns of broccoli
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups skim milk, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- salt & pepper to taste
- Roughly chop the broccoli and dice the onion.
- Add the olive oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the broccoli has softened.
- Transfer half the soup to a blender and blend. Transfer the soup back to the pot. Alternatively, you can use an immersion blender to gently blend the soup, slightly.
- Add the milk and cheese and heat over low heat, stirring until the cheese has melted.
Keywords: Broccoli Cheddar Soup