This Breakfast Rice Bowl is made with Success Jasmine Rice and a variety of leftover vegetables for a delicious stir fry that is perfect for a morning meal or weekend brunch!
- 1 bag Success Jasmine Rice
- 3 teaspoons avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 2 scallions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Avocado (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Cook the Success Jasmine Rice according to package directions then set aside. If you’re planning to use the rice immediately, spread it on a baking sheet to allow it to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat 2 eggs until well combined.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the scrambled eggs and cook, stirring frequently until the egg is mostly set, about 1 minute. Transfer the eggs to a large plate.
- In the now-empty skillet, add 1 teaspoon oil.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and the white parts of the scallions and cook over medium heat stirring frequently, until the mushrooms just begin to brown, about 4 minutes. Drain any moisture from the mushrooms, then transfer the mushrooms and scallions to the plate with the eggs.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the empty skillet then add rice and stir until combined.
- Continue to cook the rice, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes.
- Add spinach, cooked eggs, mushrooms and scallions, and soy sauce and cook, stirring frequently, until everything is warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Top with the green parts of the scallion.
- Top with a fried egg (instructions below) and/or avocado and hot sauce, if desired.
To make a fried egg for topping:
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
- Pan fry two eggs and add to rice bowls.
Keywords: breakfast rice bowl