This basil pesto hummus is a deliciously creamy hummus made with chickpeas, basil, and pine nuts! Try this as a dip for your favorite vegetables, or spread it on a sandwich or pita!
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid from the can
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste depending on the saltiness of your chickpeas)
- Drain the chickpeas but reserve 1/4 cup liquid from the can
- Transfer the chickpeas to a microwave safe dish, and warm them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Put the chickpeas, liquid, basil, olive oil, garlic cloves, pine nuts, and balsamic vinegar into a food processor.
- Blend until smooth then add salt to taste.
- Just before serving, you can drizze add a little olive oil or basil on top.
Keywords: pesto hummus