This avocado Panzanella salad makes a filling and delicious dinner! It’s perfect for a busy weeknight or when you have a loaf of crusty bread to use up!
- 1 small loaf crusty bread (About 8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups arugula or mixed greens
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Slice the bread into 1 inch chunks
- Drizzle two teaspoons of olive oil evenly over the bread. If you have olive oil spray, that’s a great way to evenly coat the bread without having to use a lot of oil.
- Bake the bread for 5 minutes then add the pine nuts to the pan, flip the bread over and toast the other side.
- Let the bread cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, pine nuts, avocado, tomatoes, and arugula.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Keywords: panzanella salad