This creamy bowl of oatmeal will remind you of sweet apple pie! Made with whole grain oats, maple syrup, cinnamon, and apples, this is a breakfast that tastes like dessert!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 small apple, diced
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (divided)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granola
- Combine the oats and almond milk and microwave for 2 1/2 – 3 minutes at 80% power.
- Carefully remove from the microwave, add 1 teaspoon of maple syrup, and a pinch of salt and stir.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add the apples, remaining teaspoon of maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Stir to combine.
- Microwave the apples for 30 seconds or until softened slightly.
- Top the oatmeal with the apples and granola.
- Add additional maple syrup and cinnamon if desired, and add salt to taste.
Keywords: apple pie oatmeal