This apple cinnamon bread is a delicious fall treat! It’s perfect with a cup of coffee for breakfast or add a scoop of ice cream to turn this into dessert!
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar (divided)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a 8×4 inch loaf pan with non stick spray
- In a small bowl, combine ⅓ cup brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Combine remaining brown sugar and coconut oil until smooth.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix until combined
- Add flour and baking powder, then milk.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Cover with half of the apples.
- Pat apples into batter with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with half of sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and add more brown sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Pat topping into the batter with the back of a large spoon.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Keywords: Apple Cinnamon Bread