Making grilled cheese in an air fryer is the best way to get a perfectly crispy exterior with gooey, melty cheese inside!
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, gouda, provolone or a blend)
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter onto each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread butter side down into the air fryer basket.
- Top with 1/2 cup shredded cheese, then top with the second slice of bread, butter side facing up.
- Toast in the air fryer for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat steps for the second sandwich.
Keywords: air fryer grilled cheese